2017 Cross Country Schooling Days
What do you get when you combine the rare opportunity to school your horse on a world-renowned Cross Country Course, with a chance to support a fundraiser for a great cause? Cross Country Schooling Days!
Riders are given the opportunity to school their horses on the famous Kentucky Horse Park cross country course. For a $35 fee, riders can school their horse for four hours on the course. $20 of the fee will be considered a donation and all proceeds will go to the KHP Foundation to help maintain and improve the park’s competition facilities. There will be two sessions per day.
- On-site registration. To prepare your registration form in advance, please print, complete and bring with you this form. (Please note that for riders under 18, the form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.)
- A current coggins and health certificate are required and will be checked upon arrival at the park.
- All riders must wear an ASTM/SEI approved helmet, body-protecting vest, and approved medical armband.
- Please read Course Rules.
- For stabling inquiries only, call 859-281-7994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All other questions, please call the Kentucky Horse Park Foundation at 859-255-5727.
There will be two sessions per day. Weekday session times are noon to 4:00 pm, and 4:30 - 8:30 pm. The Weekend sessions will be 8:00 am to noon, and 12:30 to 4:30 pm.
2017 Schooling Dates
May 7 & 8, 2017 (Sunday/Monday)
July 1, 2017 (Saturday)
Sept 9, 2017 (Saturday)
Registered with USEA
*There is some misinformation about the new parking and trailer rates at the Kentucky Horse Park. Please know that for the KHP Foundation's Cross Country Schooling Days event, there will be no trailer pass required, nor will participants be charged a $30 fee for "trailering in" rather than renting a stall, as stabling is not an option for many of these dates. For Cross Country Schooling Days, participants will need to pay $35 per horse and rider combination, as always, plus either have an annual parking tag OR pay the $5 daily parking fee to enter the park. No other charges will be required.