A Plan to Amplify Your Impact
If you would like to extend your support of Kentucky Horse Park Foundation to make a lasting impact, there are several gift arrangements to choose from.
Whether you would like to put your donation to work today or benefit us after your lifetime, you can find a charitable plan that lets you provide for your family and support KHPF.
The Champions’ Circle Society was founded to recognize and thank those individuals who have let us know of their planned gift intentions.
Learn more about the
benefits of joining the
Champions’ Circle Society
Begin My Giving Journey…
I want to plan a gift based on my…
Not Sure How to Get Started?
Answer a few simple questions and we’ll point you down the right path.
I am most interested in making a gift to Kentucky Horse Park Foundation that:
Allows me to see my gifts in action during my lifetime.
Creating a secure financial future for my family.
You should consider:
Leaves a legacy at KHP Foundation and will benefit our mission after my lifetime.
Retaining flexibility and control of my assets.
See What Your Will Can Do
It’s More Than Just a Piece of Paper
A will is the most important document you can create. Though often seen as simply a legal document that only those trained to read it can understand, it is so much more.
Your will is your legacy. It dictates how you will be remembered and can be created to reflect your values. That’s why, no matter your age or wealth status, you should be sure to take time to craft this important document this year.
Use your will to:
- Name a guardian for minor children and dependent adults.
- Dictate how you want your assets to be distributed.
- Ensure your pets are taken care of.
- Reduce the administrative expenses of your estate.
- Make sure your support for the organizations you love, like KHPF , continues.
Already Have a Will?
Great! Make sure it is up to date. It’s a good idea to review your will regularly or when you experience a life event such as a marriage, birth or move. This makes sure your will accomplishes what you want and takes your current state’s law into consideration.
Consider Including Kentucky Horse Park Foundation in Your Will
Including a gift to Kentucky Horse Park Foundation in your will is simple. All it takes is a sentence. Please contact Laura Klumb at email@example.com or 859-255-5727 to learn more about this type of gift or for assistance getting started.
Are You Prepared for Tax Time?
Get the Most Out of Your Return
Tax season is here. It is time to start gathering paperwork and preparing to file your 2019 taxes. Below, you’ll find some tips to help you prepare for your tax appointment and ensure you get the most out of your giving.
- Know what you can deduct. You can deduct cash, property and stock donations made to a charitable organization such as Kentucky Horse Park Foundation , if you itemize your taxes. You cannot deduct the value of any time or services spent on charitable work, but you can deduct mileage and vehicle expenses if used for charitable purposes.
- Get organized. You’ll need to take your W-2 form from your employer, charitable receipts, last year’s tax return information and more. Ask your tax preparer what you need and take time to gather these items well in advance of your tax appointment.
- Involve the professionals. A professional tax advisor is the best person for advice on specific tax issues.
Tip: Make Tax Time Easier
Transfer records to personal budgeting software such as Mint, YNAB or Quicken. Digitize your information from financial transactions to stay organized. Some apps also integrate with tax software to make preparation much easier.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Laura Klumb at 859-255-5727 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be happy to help and can discuss how you can make supporting KHPF a part of your plans.
Is Giving One of Your Resolutions This Year?
5 Affirmations to Help You Reach Your Goal
The start of a new year often brings a list of goals people wish to accomplish in the coming months. This can include aspirations to be more charitable, volunteer more or even learn a new skill.
If you’ve resolved to be more generous this year, following are five affirmations to help you reach your goal.
- I will reflect on key experiences and influences in my life when deciding where to give. Supporting the places and organizations that have impacted you ensures they will be there for others in the future.
- I will study the best methods for making donations. There are ways you can give, even if you can’t part with assets today, such as a gift in your estate plan. Explore your giving options to make sure you choose the right one for you.
- I will make charitable giving a part of my estate plan. This is a simple and heartfelt way to ensure your support continues for generations to come.
- I will encourage others to give. You can inspire others to give simply by doing it yourself. It sets an example for children and encourages others to join.
- I will consider my financial responsibility to my family as I design my charitable giving. Supporting Kentucky Horse Park Foundation shouldn’t come at the cost of your loved one’s security. Look for ways to give that consider their needs as well.
Want to Include KHPF in Your Giving This Year?
If supporting KHPF is part of your giving plan this year, we can help you find the right gift for you. Contact Laura Klumb at email@example.com or 859-255-5727 to get started.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results.
Austin shares, “Having our own farm, we know how troublesome and expensive it can be to operate such a large facility. We want the Kentucky Horse Park to be there forever for people to enjoy. As times change, so too do the things people choose to support. We feel it is important for the Kentucky Horse Park to be endowed for the future and to be ensured for the next generation.”
– Austin and Janie Musselman (Personal Annuity)